Highlighted
by
Contributor

Cant get BT SPORT to work on my mobile despite contacting tech support.

Upgraded my sim only plan. Spent hours with tech support trying to get BT Sport to work. Keep saying that's it, be sorted in 24 hours, and it's not. Ring Tech support again, and the same happens. Want to change plan again (within 14 days). To cheaper, without BT Sport. No one answering phones. Twitter team can't help. Can't use chat for changing plans. Help! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ros1ep
4 weeks ago

Re: Cant get BT SPORT to work on my mobile despite contacting tech support.

Hi @Ros1ep

Information on our troubleshooting page regarding 003 advises contacting customer services and having them investigate this.

The guidance does also advise to try setting up your BT-id again.

Many thanks,

Lee

5 REPLIES
by

Hello there @Ros1ep.

Thanks for coming here for help with this.

What happens when you try and use BT Sport on your mobile?

Does your mobile number show correct in your phone settings?

The community team have no account access to change your plan you would need to call us for this.

Thanks.

by
Contributor

Hello,

i managed last last night to speak to customer services. They changed my sim only deal to another sim only deal under the 14 day ruling. 

New EE plan also has BT Sport. Still can't get it. Many EE texts today about my latest plan. Only text relating to bt Sport confirms it's on my account. I know that. Grrrr. Was hoping a new plan would help resolve this issue. It has not. It appears what is missing is the email from BT to authenticate this service. Main error message is 003. Advise thereafter is to contact EE. That I have done repeatedly since last weekend. 

If it helps, I had access to 6 month free EE BT Sport, late 2016. Cancelled it before the end of free period. Something is telling me this may be cause of current difficulties. 

How to obtain another BT email/text to authenticate seems the issue to me. Happy to stand corrected. 

My mobile number is correctly registered. 

Loosing the will to live. Please Help. 

by

Hi @Ros1ep

So I can try and assist are you trying to gain access to the chargeable BT sport?

What is happening when you try to use the previous logins you had?

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Contributor

Hello,

i am trying to access the inclusive BT Sport. Via their app. Offered on my EE sim only plan. Not chargeable by definition of it being inclusive on my plan. 

Sorry i I thought I had already mentioned what happened when trying to log in. 

Let me try again :

The BT Sport App is downloaded. 

I have both an id, and password. I have changed neither, as per the advice not to. 

When I enter the id, and password, I receive the error code 003. That my account has not been authenticated. That I should contact EE support. This I have done innumerable times. All to no avail. 

The BT Sport Ad On is definitely on my account. I simply can't access it. 

As previously stated, it appears that I am missing the BT link to authenticate. Not received. Other than when I took advantage of the 6 month free BT Sport offer last August. That went smoothly. I cancelled before the end of the six month free offer. I think that is at the bottom of my current issues. Although I don't know how to resolve it. 

Anthony. 

by
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ros1ep
4 weeks ago

Hi @Ros1ep

Information on our troubleshooting page regarding 003 advises contacting customer services and having them investigate this.

The guidance does also advise to try setting up your BT-id again.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.