by
EE Community Manager

Bag BT sport on the app: Free for six months (register by 29 November)

[ Edited ]

Update:

This offer ended on 29 November.  BT Sport is now included in all 4GEE Max plans, and you can get three months free on all other plans. 

Find out how to watch live sport free on the BT Sport app >

Original post:

To say thanks for being with us, here's a special sporting treat: six months’ free BT Sport, on your EE pay monthly phone or connected tablet.

Hurry, this exclusive offer is only available until 29th November 2016. [Offer now ended, please find out about our new BT Sport offer.]

How to bag BT Sport on the app

• Text ‘SPORT’ to 150

• You’ll get a text back with T&Cs and more info. At that point you can choose to start your six months’ free BT Sport straight away.

Our current offer of six months’ free BT Sport on the app will end on 29 November, but if you miss that, don't worry: we’ll launch a new offer for three months of free BT Sport on the app, from 30 November. 

• Then once you’ve started, we’ll send you a link to register for a BT ID to sign into the BT Sport app.

• Alternatively, if you have an EE connected tablet, call 07953 966 502.

• Once you’ve registered and got your BT ID, just load up the BT Sport app and start watching.

• After your six months of free BT Sport is finished, you’ll carry on receiving the BT Sport service via the BT Sport app for £5 a month. Or, cancel whenever you like.

[Offer now ended, please find out about our new BT Sport offer.]

• Our Help website has detailed information on how to register and set up BT Sport on your mobile device.

Loads of sports channels

BT Sport is the place to watch every match in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League live. Plus 42 Premier League games live next season, the Emirates FA Cup, the Scottish Premiership, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1.

This year the BT Sport app also brings you the best sporting action from Aviva Premiership Rugby, European Rugby Champions Cup, MotoGP, UFC and much, much more.

Visit ee.co.uk/btsport for more information >  

Made for out and about

• You can use your BT ID to stream BT Sport on two devices at the same time as long as they both use an EE SIM.

So, you can watch the football on your phone while staying on top of the tennis on your tablet. All from the comfort of your garden, the pub or on the bus.

Just load up the BT Sport app and go!

• As the service comes through the BT Sport app, you can’t watch it on, or link it to a TV.

• Live streaming a full football match will use between 1.5 and 2GB of data, depending on your screen size.

• Our Help website has lots of information on using the app: ee.co.uk/btsporthelp.

• Check your data usage regularly on-the-move - download the My EE App or text APP to 150.

• And if you need extra battery life, see our range of portable chargers.

Stay tuned in the EE Community

Let us know how you're finding the app, and feel welcome to post your questions below, or start a new topic in the Sport section.

- Tiff & the EE Community Team 

197 REPLIES
by
Star Contributor

Re: Bag BT sport on the app: Live sport for EE customers, free for six months

[ Edited ]

HI,

How to activate this BT sport on my ee account as when i login BT Sport APP ask me BT account number where i have to get this.

Many Thanks 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tahirmian,

If you follow the instructions on the BT Sport set up page, you will be sent a link via text message to a webpage where you can set up your BT ID.

Thanks

James

by
Star Contributor

Hi,

@James_B 

Yes i done all that process when i put my detail in BT Sport APP if give me this message( You Have not activated BT sport on your account yet, Please activate it below to continue. ID003) option Cancel or Activate when i click on activate it take me to a new page Where it ask me BT account number (AB12345678) so i don't have that.

where i have to get this account number.

Many Thanks 

by

Hi @tahirmian,

Have you had the text message with the link to set up your BT ID?

Are you using a pay as you go or pay monthly plan?

Thanks

James

by
Star Contributor

Hi,

@James_B Yes sir i have that link

You're just a few steps away from being able to watch live BT Sport on your EE phone or connected tablet, free for 6 months! Then it's just £5 a month or cancel at any time. The BT Sport app is available on iOS, Android and Windows 10. For info and terms visit ee.co.uk/btsport. To start your free 6 months, reply YES to this message, 

Many Thanks

by

Thanks @tahirmian

Did you get a response after replying yes?

James

by
Investigator

Hi

I am having the same problem too! I have followed all the steps but I can't log in as it's asking me to add my account to log in and use the app but I don't have a bt account number!!!

by

Hi @Welshred,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you received the text with a link to create your BT ID?

This can take up to 24 hours.

Thanks

James

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Hi

Yes I have had the link and my account as been set up but it's still asking me to activate bt sport on my account yet but I have not been given an account number 

This is the page it takes me to 

Step 1 of 2: Add your account number

To access the BT Sport App and online player, enter your BT account number. You can find it on the top of your bill. It looks like AB12345678.

If you are new to BT and don't know your account number, you can click on the activation link in the email we have sent you. If you have a BT phone line, you can ask us to send your BT account number in the post.

by

Hi, I'm having exactly the same issue with BT asking for an account number 

by
Skilled Contributor

Silly question: If I sign up to this offer, can I still use my phone on Wi-Fi to stream BT Sport using my phone? Is the check a Sim card checker rather than a "Are you using 3/4g" check?

by

[ Edited ]

Hi @Welshred,

Have you been a BT Sport customer before or previously had a BT ID?

Are you following the sign up process here?

Thanks

James

by

Same issue. I just called the BT help line and after 32 minutes of holding and calls, you need a BT account nymber. When you log in via the txt etc when you install the App you can get to the My BT page but no account number is shown. They can't tell you this over the phone so send it out via letter which takes 5-7 working days. Basically first week of your 6 months is spent waiting on a letter.

by
Star Contributor

Hi,

All i spend 48 min on 150 call and i was told by very lovely person, 

I need to wait 24 hours to activate this as i will receice another email form EE with uniqe account number,

I ask as he sure he said yes 100 % you need to wait for another email with account number so i am wating now,

Many Thanks 

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Yes James I did all of that but when I try to log on to the bt app it's giving me the ID003 error saying  i need to activate my account but I don't have an account number and yes I did have a bt account before , would this be an issue and why? 

Thanks 

by

Hi @tahirmian and @Welshred,

Please can you let us know if you can register successfully after 24 hours.

@Welshred - The signup process is slightly different if you already have an ID - see here for more details.

Thanks

James

by
Star Contributor

@James_B yes I will no problem,

by
Investigator

Hi 

Sorry James but the old bt account was the wife's email address ( my mistake ) that makes no difference so it's gotta be an ee or bt issue 

by

Thanks @tahirmian.

Speak to you soon Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.