by
Contributor

BT Sport and Device

Hello,

I've signed up to BT sport but don't have an iPad with an EE sim card.

(I plan on using BT sport over wifi only).

Will this still work as long as I've downloaded the app and my BT ID?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by Northerner (Maestro)
‎08-08-2016 05:57 PM

Re: BT Sport and Device

You can't! Not on this offer from EE in association with BT.

• You can either buy Broadband from BT & get it from BT, or
  • Buy a contract EE SIM and get this offer from EE. You then won't be using WiFi to get it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
26 REPLIES
by
Grand Master

No, the BT Sports app only works on EE-connected devices. By running over WiFi you are not connected to EE mobile network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Contributor

Okay so what do I need to do to be able to watch it on an iPad over wifi?

by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by Northerner (Maestro)
‎08-08-2016 05:57 PM

You can't! Not on this offer from EE in association with BT.

• You can either buy Broadband from BT & get it from BT, or
  • Buy a contract EE SIM and get this offer from EE. You then won't be using WiFi to get it.

by
Contributor

I don't know who clicked this as solved but it's not.

I do have an EE contract sim for my iPhone and have EE broadband!!!!!

i don't want to use my data to watch BT sports.

so without having an EE SIM card in my iPad, how do I watch BT sports? 

by
Grand Master

[ Edited ]

I've aleady told you.

Of course it's solved. Just cuz the EE BT Sports offer isn't what you'd like it to be doesn't mean you haven't been given your answer.

There's nowt stopping you using the EE contract SIM in your mobile to get it.

Of course, by making this offer EE wants its users to eat up data. They are not a charity.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dabbles

If you have a Pay Monthly contract you can sign up for BT Sports to watch on your phone, via data or WiFi.

As @XRaySpeX advised it's only available on connected tablets on a pay monthly contract.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by
Grand Master

@Karen_C wrote:

BT Sports to watch on your phone, via data or WiFi.

My understanding is that it is not available over WiFi:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/bt-sport/how-to-use

Viewing on a WiFi only device

The BT Sport app is only available to watch on smartphones and tablets that contain an EE SIM using the latest iOS, Android and Windows operating systems.  

by

@XRaySpeX

That's just to advise you can't get BT Sports on a WIFI only device.

You can use either data or WiFi to watch BT Sports via the app on a smartphone or tablet using an EE contract SIM.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

by
Grand Master

Sorry, don't believe that. How would anything know you had an EE SIM in your device if you are going over WiFi. It also says "EE connected devices". You are not EE connected when going over WiFi.

by
Investigator

I'm watching BT sport on my PC with my EE sim only contract is this correct but cant watch on my ipad air

by

@Paul63 - You can view the full terms and conditions here.

@XRaySpeX - You can view over WiFi, the app with just verify that you have an EE SIM that's registered for the service in your device.

James

by
Visitor

The app works on my ee iPhone but not on my iPad.

I understand that it's because my phone has a sim and my iPad doesn't. 

What I don't understand is why it works on my Windows 10 app ... why is that any different to my iPad? 

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Its a fact. If your device has an EE sim in it (on monthly contract) you can, and should! watch BT Sport over wifi using non of your data allowance.

by
Contributor

I have a wifi-only iPad too, my iPhone 6 screen is great for things like UFC but not very practical for watching football, I don't think any phone screens are big enough really however at the end of the day it was my own idea to get a wifi-only iPad.

The suggestion of "It's because you wouldn't be using the EE network" doesn't stand up to scrutiny as I can tether the iPad to my iPhone and run it through EE.

I understand rules are rules but this does seem fairly restrictive. It's definitely a good offer though.

by
Explorer

Please clarify ...There is conflicting information here. I have a sim only deal which I pay a monthly bill for. I have set up the BT sport app via EE. Can I watch BT sports on my phone through wifi??

by
Investigator

Yes, exactly what I'm doing
by
Explorer

thanks great stuff .

by
Visitor

So if you tether your Wifi only iPad to your iPhone (while phone connected to wifi), you can then use the BT sport app on your iPad?

Which is essentially using the wifi anyway, but using the iPhone as the middle man recognises the EE sim and allows BT sport to work on the iPad?

by
Explorer

Could you explain how you have managed to do this.

I have a ee monthly mobile contract but hubby finds in difficult to watch on the phone so would be great if we could get it onto ipad or PC Thanks

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.