Highlighted
by blueblue Investigator
Investigator

Unable to order Ring Video Doorbell 2 from EE

Hi everyone. I'm trying to order the Ring Video Doorbell 2 from the ee.co.uk website as an add-on to my plan.

When I go to order it asks me to log in. I log in, then it takes me back to the start. Try to order, asks me to log in and so on....

My plan has 19 months left on the contract, so I beleive I do qualify for an add-to-plan accessory. Has anyone else here had trouble ordering from the EE site? Any ideas please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Unable to order Ring Video Doorbell 2 from EE

This is an on going issue with the add to plan page. I had a thread about it.

Guess they haven't fixed it then.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0) - Samsung Galaxy Watch (Tizen 4.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
14 REPLIES 14
by Legend
Legend

Hi @blueblue

You may not be eligible. Best calling EE CS on 150 tomorrow and asking. You can also order over the phone.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by blueblue Investigator
Investigator

Why would I not be eligible?

by Legend
Legend

@blueblue

Could be many reasons, you would need to speak to CS. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@blueblue, I have ring video doorbell 2, and just an advice if you decide to run it off the electric if you already have an electric doorbell, make sure the transformer for the doorbell is more than 8V, as it will not be powerful enough and will not keep your battery charged up, works with a more powerful transformer, as this is what I had to do and works well.

Hope you get it sorted and are able to order through EE, but as has been mentioned there could be a number of reasons why you have not been able to put the order through, including your credit rating, but the only people, who can let you know are customer service.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

This is an on going issue with the add to plan page. I had a thread about it.

Guess they haven't fixed it then.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0) - Samsung Galaxy Watch (Tizen 4.0)
by blueblue Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I understand credit rating could be an issue, but surely you should at least be able to add to basket first before failing a credit check? If EE did a credit check without asking me permission first, they'd be breaking the law. So I expect that @BrendonH is right in that there might be a problem with EE's website.

by blueblue Investigator
Investigator

As a follow up in case anyone is interested, I contacted EE on Facebook Messenger and was able to order using a link provided to me.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@blueblue, Thank you for letting know, glad you got it sorted and were able to order it ok. I am sure you will be pleased with it. Always useful to know who has been at the door and if you need to answer the door whilst busy or out, this also gives you the possibility, and as it can record, if there is any problems, can be used as evidence as well.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It's a great piece of kit

I bought one during black Friday on Amazon.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Agree with you there @BrendonH. Have had mine soon after I saw it on a couple of programs last year, around August, I believe.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

We are waiting for when they finally bring the alarm system over the UK like they have in the US.  Will get that also. Plus will get a cctv for the front of the house.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I had the CCTV put up last year in January, along with having my alarm replaced, as I also needed cameras in the house to keep an eye on my daughter in different rooms, this is for safety, as she is severally disabled. Best thing I did, along with a monitor in the sitting room and kitchen.

If I thought I was going to have problems out the back, I would get the camera from ring.com and put that up, as you get an alert if someone is there, but we do not have a problem, at least not thus far. The cameras we have outside, were not cheap, although did not pay the price for those, as the ones we had were not working satisfactorily, so the company that supply the more expensive ones never charged us the extra, and they are really good and clear!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm interested in this model. A coupla Qs:

1. Sound: Does it make a noise of itself or do you need to listen to it on Alexa, PC or mobile? Or do you need to buy the model with "Chime"?
  2. Power: I don't want to lead mains electricity to it. I have in situ conventional doorbell with 6V DC (4xC) chimes. Understand that is too low. I have to use the rechargeable battery & keep recharging that every few months?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@XRaySpeX, You do not necessarily need the Chime, as you have the app on your mobile, IPad, laptop or PC and it will ring through that, so you will be able to hear it. The app has been improved and you can change settings and ring tones in the app My Apple Watch also lets me know if someone is there, whether just movement or ringing the doorbell.

If you do not want to connect it electrically, of course you can just use it with the battery, which whether hooked up electrically or not, has to have the battery. You may want to get a second battery, so that when the battery is discharged or low, you can then replace it and charge the other one up without being without the doorbell working, if that makes sense.

You may also want to check things out by going to www.ring.com for more information.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.