by Tinababeena Investigator
Investigator

Nest installation

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

so I’ve got a nest sitting here in a box on my coffee table waiting to be installed. I tried the website in the installation instructions, but it doesn’t accept my postcode or address, it just says “ postcode is invalid” 

I called three customer service numbers, the last one being the  EE smart home helpline, only to be told “yes we know about this issue. Wait 48 hours to see if it’s fixed”

so ive waited three days and it’s still not working. 

EE recommend that you book your installation within 14 days of purchase, but I can’t because of a website glitch.

anyone got any suggestions??? Has anyone else had this problem??

15 REPLIES 15
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Nest installation

What website in the instructions? Nest's? Isn't this a Nest issue, not EE's? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Legend
Legend

Hi @Tinababeena

This site https://axainstallmydevice.com/EE/

Yes it doesn't work in chrome on my Tab S2 or Galaxy S8+ although I'm not sure it's your postcode or some other code you enter? 

There is a number to call (click on the three lines) 07953 960 250. No idea who that connects with. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tinababeena,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems booking your installation.

Have you contacted the Smart Home Team to let them know the problem wasn't rectified after 48 hours?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Hi there!

yes I’ve called that number and that’s who have told me to wait 48 hours.

The first two numbers I called were the one on the axa website. 

The smart home help assistant said he knows of the issue as lots of people have called regarding this so to me that sounds like it’s not my postcode or anything I’m entering that’s making it not work. Plus after he said that I did try my mum and my dads postcodes and this also came up with the same error. 

Well ive checked again (day 4) and it’s still the same. So will call again to see if they can do anything, although they said there is no other route to book installation. 

Highlighted
Investigator

The website is axa who EE have partnered with to carry out the nest installations. You get a code to enter which is fine, you answer some questions regarding your boiler, and then when I come to input my address I feel the way the website it set up there should be a search button, so when you enter your postcode you should be able to search and select your house number and address but this button is missing. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's not your postcode but an install code which should have come with the product. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Thanks @Tinababeena

Please let us know how you get on.

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

It's not your postcode but an install code which should have come with the product. 

The postcode box doesn't have a search button and produces the error.

Investigator

Yes exactly. This is very frustrating ! We have tried different browsers eg chrome, safari and internet explorer to see if that resolves the issue but no it still produces an error saying my “postcode or address is invalid” 

Investigator

I’ve called the EE smart home help number and told them I’ve waited 48 hours and the website still isn’t working.

they have now told me to wait a further 48 hours. That’s rediculous and I feel like I’m being shrugged off. 

Not quite sure what to do !!

by Legend
Legend

Hi @Tinababeena

You have four options:

1. You can wait;
  2. You can return the device under the 14 day rule;
  3. You can complain;
  4. You can ring them again tomorrow, and every hour until it's sorted. 

@James_B is there nothing you can do here? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by

Hi @Tinababeena,

I'm looking into this for you and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

James

by smigg221174

I'm glad it's not just me!! Whilst I know that it is Axa that are providing this, EE have contracted them as their partner and so EE have an obligation to assist in getting this resolved. Unless of course EE are going to delay taking the additional money that they are charging people on their mobile contracts, but I already know the answer to this!

by

Hi @Tinababeena and @smigg221174,

I've sent you both a private message.

Thanks

James

by Tim563 Investigator
Investigator

Check Nest compatibility and get a wiring diagram Install your thermostat on the wall - You are here Set up your thermostat Connect your thermostat to the Nest app Get started using the Nest thermostat
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.