by laltoofan Investigator
Investigator

what is the best pay as you go sim?

Hi there,

I am extremely hard of hearing and therefore can not receive or make calls in anyway, I have moved into an area where only EE and one other company get coverage, (unfortunately my previous provider who I am still in contract with does not).

As I use two step verification for quite a few online services, I do need to have a number that can receive texts message. I was wondering about this and whether there was a pay as you go sim card, for which I only need to top up once to receive texts and just leave it there, you packages look like I need to top up a certain amount each month, but I jsut want to make sure if I only top up once that it would still keep receiving texts even if I stop topping up (as much as the packages say I need to, I will definitely not need all the messages or data that the packages recommend).

With that in mind, I tried to find an answer but could only find phone numbers or that I should write a letter to you?? Do you guys not have an online chat or even a contact form?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: what is the best pay as you go sim?

HI @Ialtoonfan

I have provided you an answer here which I hope helps you.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You could Get a free SIM, top up later & text STOP PACK to 150 before topping up.

You can then use it as normal PAYG by sending text for 12p each & receiving them free.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Thanks for helping @XRaySpeX

Let us know if you need anything further @laltoofan

Investigator

Thank you for your reply XRaySpeX, a couple more questions regarding this. If I was to top up with the price of pack as normal, will this mean I can use the pack for as long as I like i.e. the details on the pack will easily last me much more than a month so would it be fine to just use that for asy the next 6 months, then eventually top up with another £10 Pack?

Also what would happen if I decide to only top up with say £5 when on a £10 pack deal? would I still be able to get texts but just not the full deal of the pack?

Thank you for your time.

by

Hi @laltoofan

The pack will last the specified duration, unless you use it up. It will only renew once the full amount of credit is on your account.

Example: If you choose a £10 pack, it will only renew once there is £10 credit on your account.

In your example, if you only top up £5 and the pack is a £10 pack, you will only be able to use your phone using standard rates (unless you change to a £5 pack option).

You can see more information around pay as you go packs on our pay as you go packs help an support page.

Hope this helps.

Chris 🙂

Investigator

Thank you for this Christopher,

Unfortunately after buying this Free sim to top up when it gets here, I have since not received it and today received an email titled "Your EE SIM is ready to go"

With the message -

"You should now have your brand new EE SIM. And getting started is a doddle. As soon as you’re up and running, you can start enjoying being with the network that’s 50% faster than anyone else. Plus you’ll get loads of other perks with EE pay as you go."

What do I do now that I have not recieved the sim?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Wait! It's only been a day and it's sent by Royal Mail 2nd class. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

No! it was ordered on the Wednesday. But I am assuming we recive the -

"You should now have your brand new EE SIM."

A bit early or something? I have to admit EE is getting quite frustrating.

by

Hello there @laltoofan,

Thanks for coming here,

If you give us a call we will be able to check the order for you.

Hope you get this soon:)

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.