cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

upgrade

kate-88
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all just a quick question. I am currently on a pay monthly sim plan and have been for a few years. I am due an upgrade, and would like a new phone. If i change to a mobile upgrade plan, can i still keep my existing mobile number? Between kids schools, family friends and work etc i really can't be bothered with the hassle of changing it.

Many thanks 🙂

kate

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @kate-88 ,

Welcome to the community,

Yes you can, just click on upgrade and look for the phone and plan you want, make sure it is upgrade, then you will be able to keep your number, or alternatively, if you have found the phone you are interested in, you can always ring customer service, or go to an EE store if there is one near you, but then make sure you make an appointment before going in, if this is what you wish to do.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @kate-88 ,

Welcome to the community,

Yes you can, just click on upgrade and look for the phone and plan you want, make sure it is upgrade, then you will be able to keep your number, or alternatively, if you have found the phone you are interested in, you can always ring customer service, or go to an EE store if there is one near you, but then make sure you make an appointment before going in, if this is what you wish to do.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hello @Schockwave thank you very much that helps massively 🙂 I was worried I would have to change it and I really can't be bothered haha! I might just do it online, but easier for me but thank you again

@kate-88 you are very welcome, glad I could help and hope you find what you want and it all works ok.

@Schockwave sorry i accidentally clicked my own message as the problem solved one not yours (stupid phone) juuuuust one or two quick more questions please if that's ok? haha. When i get my new phone and, i assuming, new sim, will it register as soon as i use it? and will i be without a number until the new phone and sim arrive? Its been a long time since i had new phones and that as you can probably tell 😄

Thanks again

Kate

@kate-88 

Your chosen new phone will probably be sent out with a new SIM. However, that will be to cover the possbility that the one you already have is the wrong size for your new phone.

So if you need a new SIM, then you can follow an online form which will transfer your number over to the new SIM in a couple of hours.

If you're happy to use your existing SIM and it works ok, then no need to use the new one and carry on as you are.

There's no reason for you to be without the use of your phone number for anything more than perhaps a few minutes while you're physically changing the SIMs over.

@kate-88 , I have cancelled the solution, so you can now decide which one is the solution, if there is one.