by waterworksjohn Investigator
Investigator

sim stopped working

Yesterday Thurs 20th, I ordered via a technical guy at EE, a replacement sim keeping my existing number, for my new phone as it requires a nano sim, it hasn't arrived yet as it was expected to take 2-3 days which was fine as my old phone is still working, however late afternoon yesterday, I noticed I had no signal, emergency only calls & if I ring my number from another phone get a "mobile not available" message, my tesco sim is ok so not the phone, I put the EE sim in another phone but still no network access, my wife is on EE & hers is fine, good signal. Do EE block  the old sim until the new one arrives & is activated despite it being the same number?

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: sim stopped working

Yes, once EE start to process your new SIM card order, your old one will stop working.

Investigator

Thanks for reply, now why don't EE tell you that?

So basically, I have no contact with anyone on EE until the new sim arrives? my main number for virtually everything! very useful.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @waterworksjohn,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Your SIM should remain active until you activate the new one online.

Only new or lost/stolen/damaged SIM cards should be pre-activated.

Please get in touch with customer services so we can take a look at your account.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Thanks for reply, new sim arrived & worked straight away, so assume it was pre activated? all ok now.
by
EE Employee

Hi @waterworksjohn

That's great happy to hear it's all now working.

Yeah it would of been sent pre-activated.

Pop back to the community anytime!

Have a lovely weekend.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.