cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

sim request denied twice

virtual
Investigator
Investigator

Have an old phone nearing retirement and have a new one which needs a smaller sim, have asked twice for a replacement, both times denied with requests to phone EE with a long wait on a 20 year old phone I assume due to my being on an old payg with no "packs" or anything, is solely for dealing with various things like HMRC login/credit and debit card contact number so is highly necessary but literally topped up once a year. Want to stay with EE as it works, otherwise will be off to Tesco if no joy. Seems the old payg is becoming defunct and they want us to spend £££ a year to just have a mobile that is vital but we rarely use.

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@virtual   you can have a standard pay-as-you-go on EE and not use packs that need to be topped up once a month.  

Well I'm not going to top up once a month, for a phone that costs me less than £!0 a year at the moment? All I want is a payg that texts and makes calls and doesn't want constant attention the old plan's perfectly good and Orange as was and now EE have been highly reliable, but with no sim I've got to go someplace else. If they can't get a new sim to me it Isn't very good really is it. 
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can order 1 yourself online @ Pay as you go Phone SIMs

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yep Xray I tried the online order thing twice, both times no dice, tried phoning via "Balance" 150 and will be a loooong wait which I figure will be the same whatever phoneline atm, tho'  the freephone/local rate ones you give I didn't find on the www, an e-mail address would have sufficed (if it were answered) but you can't find one of those. Best bet I reckon is an EE shop, there's several localish.

I wouldn't bother and just go to a new network but there doesn't appear to be any mobile network that're any use for this particular requirement, all I need from EE is a new size sim to replace the old one out of the old phone, you wouldn't think that was too much to do? But looking at other posts it seems it may be.

Thanks for the phone numbers, that's worth a thumbs up 🐵

How was it "no dice" when you ordered online? All you do is fill in a form & they post it to your home.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
No they don't, if you read the tagline it says sim request denied twice which means I ordered online twice, both times a text comes through asking me to phone 150 as there's a problem with the request, no other information, £1.50 hasn't been taken out of the credit so it's not going to arrive, first attempt was a month or so ago, as there's no way I'm sitting on a phone listening to muzak on the offchance someone may answer it and as there is no way of contacting them via an e-mail which would be perfectly adequate in this case then I have not much option but to go elsewhere, not that EE care overly, isn't like I'm keeping their shareholders in clover.
Looking at the forum several people for whatever reason are not getting sims they ask for.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @virtual

Thanks for coming to the community.

Is your pay as you go SIM card still active, can you make and receive calls?

You can call our Pay as you go Care team on 0800 079 8586 and they can help you with the replacement SIM card.

We’re doing everything we can to help our customers and look after the wellbeing of our people during the Coronavirus outbreak.

Our contact centres in the UK and Ireland are open to help keep you connected, but we have fewer people available to take your calls.

Thanks.

Leanne.

If you've only use your PAYG SIM occasionally it has probably gone into hibernation & that's why CS want to speak to you about a replacement SIM.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.