by Fizz

shareing phone number across sims

I'd like to have one number on two devices at the same time so I can use which ever device I feel like without swapping sims, many people/networks have told me it can't be done in the UK.

This page: https://shop.ee.co.uk/apple-watch-series-3.html suggests EE do support it

"And as they’ll share the same phone number, now you can leave your phone behind and still stay connected wherever you go."

So is this some apple voodoo that makes it work or can I link any eSIM enabled device to a normal SIM?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: shareing phone number across sims

@Fizz  Unfortunately it’s not possible to have 2 sims and one number. The esim in the Apple Watch has its own number.  It’s just the the way the watch is linked to the account means it can receive calls by the way the number that’s in the iPhone. 

And at present only the Apple Watch can have this. 

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Fizz  Unfortunately it’s not possible to have 2 sims and one number. The esim in the Apple Watch has its own number.  It’s just the the way the watch is linked to the account means it can receive calls by the way the number that’s in the iPhone. 

And at present only the Apple Watch can have this. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Fizz

Thanks for coming to the community.

As @Chris_B has advised this is only available with the Apple Watch Series 3 (4G).

The Apple Watch has an eSIM it's not a physical SIM and is instead automatically downloaded and activated as part of the set-up process

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.