by j-traveller
Explorer

"Pay as you go" sim not working

Hello,

I bought two "4GEE WIFI" SIMs with each 6GB data from Amazon.co.jp in Japan.

I inserted the sim in my smartphone in Germany and tried to connect to the network.

My smartphone shows it catches 4G network, but I cannot see any websites.

The resellers I bought the SIM card from say access to "http://add-on.ee.co.uk/" in any supported country can enable the card, but I cannot even connect to the website!

I already tried activation process (https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/activate-sim?action=newPhone) but I only saw "something went wrong."

It is just the same with my smartphone (Sony Xperia), iPad, iPhone.

Here are my smarphone's settings

APN: everywhere

Data roaming: on

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: "Pay as you go" sim not working

Hi @j-traveller 

The Sims are for the UK network not Germany,n so need be activated in the UK. Try buying a German PAYG SIM.

Prepaid sims have limited life. If you have purchased from ligitimate seller there should be an expiry date on the SIM pack.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@j-traveller  You can only activate the sims when connected to the EE network directly in the UK,  this will not happen on a roaming network. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi @j-traveller 

The Sims are for the UK network not Germany,n so need be activated in the UK. Try buying a German PAYG SIM.

Prepaid sims have limited life. If you have purchased from ligitimate seller there should be an expiry date on the SIM pack.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by j-traveller
Explorer

Thanks!

Thank you for quick reply.

I will ask the reseller to refund.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.