by Stozz

"Data connection" showing wrong number

Hi, I recently purchased a second hand Alcatel Pixi. Previous owner was on EE so my EE SIM went in and phone worked fine making and receiving calls, setting up Wifi, setting up e-mails.

Then today for the first time I tried to access internet out of the house (so out of wifi connection) and I get the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED message when I open Chrome.

The only thing I can put this down to is that in "Settings > More... > Network settings > Data connection" my only option (other than Off) is a number which I presume is the previous owner's mobile number, and I can't see how to overwrite or replace this with mine.

All help appreciated!

by Legend

Re: "Data connection" showing wrong number

Try downlading your settings here

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Stozz

Thanks for the quick response. I followed the links and created a new Access Point called EE Internet. Even after a restart I am unable to access the Internet and the "Data connection" still shows the wrong number.

Any other suggestions?

EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stozz,

Welcome to the EE Community.

We have now identified and fixed a technical issue that affected mobile internet services for some of our customers this morning. All services are now being restored for our customers and should be back to normal soon.

I still can't connect to the internet, what should I do?

If you are still unable to connect, please try turning your phone off and on again, or toggling flight mode on and off, and that should help restore data services.

Thank you for your patience while we worked on this.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.