cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

problem with activating new sim

tigger5
Explorer

hello, I have upgraded my plan and phone and been sent a new SIM card. I have followed instructions but I keep getting a message to say "an error occurred in activation" , and 'no service' where it should say EE

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @tigger5 

Welcome to the EE Community,

Is your old sim is still working and it fits your new phone then you can continue to use your existing sim.

if both sims are now not working call 0800 956 3146 from any other phone & a tech advisor will be able to get your new sim up and running.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @tigger5 

Welcome to the EE Community,

Is your old sim is still working and it fits your new phone then you can continue to use your existing sim.

if both sims are now not working call 0800 956 3146 from any other phone & a tech advisor will be able to get your new sim up and running.

Thanks,

David.

Yes the old one still works.  I will put that back in and continue to use it then.  Will it work indefinitely?  And do `I not need to use the new one?

Thanks so much

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@tigger5 yeah it will continue to work you can keep the new one as a spare incase your current one becomes faulty.

Thank you, David, much appreciated

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@tigger5 your welcome if you need any further help in future visit us here on the community 🙂