by SEDKC5 Investigator
Investigator

my phone keeps telling there is no simcard when there is one

Help my phone is telling me there is no simcard when there is one  i don't know why it's telling me this as it use to recognise my simcard.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: my phone does not recognise my simcard it keeps telling there is no simcard

@SEDKC5    Have you tried cleaning the Sim card and put it back in your device as you might have a bit of dirt on the contacts.   Just putting it into your other device to test it could of actually cleaned this.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @SEDKC6

So I can try and assist, are you able to try your SIM in another handset and another SIM in your device to rule out one or the other?

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by SEDKC5 Investigator
Investigator

i'm just trying it with one of my old phones a samsung galaxy young2  and the simcard is fine.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@SEDKC5    Have you tried cleaning the Sim card and put it back in your device as you might have a bit of dirt on the contacts.   Just putting it into your other device to test it could of actually cleaned this.

by SEDKC5 Investigator
Investigator

cleaning it worked i have been having kitten's over it cause i thought i might have taken something off when i shouldn't

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SEDKC5    Taking Sim cards in and out of devices could cause damage the sim contacts in the phone but more than likely its going to be a bit of dirt on the contacts and a simple clean of the Sim card can usually resolve this 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.