by shadow2315
Explorer

i did not get a new sin when upgraded my contract

i upgraded my contract online this friday and did not get a new sin, they said i could use my old one, now my old sin is not working. while i can make and recceive calls i have not internet at all. when i open the internet bronser i got redirect to a page to buy data from ee. do you know whats happening

7 REPLIES 7
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: i did not get a new sin when upgraded my contract

Hello @shadow2315,

Welcome to the community,

It depends what sort of contract you got with your mobile as to whether data was included. I would suggest you have a look at your contract, as some do not have data included, and so you would have to pay extra for that.

Are you able to use Wifi? Have you checked under settings that data is also enabled?

by shadow2315
Explorer

the 4gee max plan 25gb unlimited minutes and unlimitmy text.

when a i check my plan on my ee, here still show  old contrat and say that i heva 5 gb left.my old contract finish on 13/07/17

on the botton of the page show infornatiom about my new plan and say it start on 29/07/17

do i need to wait until then to the upgrad start? i will be without internet until them? 

by the way a got a sansung s8+

by shadow2315
Explorer

the wifi is working fine  i am using then now on my house without insue and the data is on. hte 4g, the 3g all the g

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You will have to ring EE customer service and see what they have to say, because it usually starts as soon as you get your new phone.

You do not necessarily need a new SIM card if the card fits the new phone nowadays, it could be that the upgrade is still going through. Have you switched your phone off and back on?

by shadow2315
Explorer

yes, i couple of times, i will ring then tomorrow to see. thank you

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@shadow2315  Wifi at your home has nothing to do with your contract with EE.

It can take up too 24 hours before all services switch over to your new contract, as you said your old contract is still showing on your account so it’s not yet switched over. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @shadow2315

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

I'm just checking in with you to see if you have managed to either speak to someone or the situation has resolved?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.