by shug59 Investigator
Investigator

extra sim ordered not even out packaging yet being billed ?

ordered a new sim for my daughters new phone she'll be getting for xmas , still in packaging and wont be in phone till xmas eve at the earliest yet i have already been billed for this month and no doubt next before it's even been activated in the phone ??why 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: extra sim ordered not even out packaging yet being billed ?

Because your mobile plan always starts from around the date of delivery and not the date you start using it.

11 REPLIES 11
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Because your mobile plan always starts from around the date of delivery and not the date you start using it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are billed for contracts in advance from about when you receive the item. It's up to you when you start actually using it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by shug59 Investigator
Investigator

So in effect you are charging customer's for nothing ? I.e ordered new phone for my daughters xmas so ordered a new SIM from EE as well so obviously she won't be using the SIM till Christmas day at the earliest but even though the only cost EE have incurred is sending the SIM, I'm being charged for fresh air ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you are being charged for a contract fulfilled by the delivery of the SIM to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@shug59  The contract started when you agreed to it not when you first use it,  how you use it once you receive it is down to you as EE are going to bill you accordingly when you took out the contract, and you agreed to be billed each month until the minimum term and that started when you agreed to the contract.  

Unfortunately this was your own dong and not EEs fault as you don’t seem to understand how a contract works once you agree to it.    Sorry for the harsh words. 

by shug59 Investigator
Investigator

Well being a lawyer for over 45yrs i beg to differ , but as you and I know only 5% ever read the terms & conditions that are always written to favour the supplier & not the customer FACT, and that's the point I am making you know that all customers don't always use their SIM card immediately when they receive them especially when purchased as a gift but it doesn't change the fact you are charging customer's before they have even activated the card so as I said before you are basicly stealing money but hiding behind the cloak of terms & conditions ,it's not costing EE anything if the sim hadn't been used corect?? So why is it so hard to defer payment till the SIM has actually been used and the customer has actually started using your service like other SIM suppliers?  Answer....Greed and that's the bottom line & yes people don't always read the t&c's but doesn't change the fact EE charges for fresh air even before they supply a service FACT SIMPLE AS, CORRECT ? 

by shug59 Investigator
Investigator

I can walk into other phone shops pick up a SIM for free don't get charged untill i actually use the thing ? Don't mind paying post cost's practically nothing anyway and I don't mind paying when i actually use an EE one but to charge anybody for fresh air no matter what the t&c's say is daylight robbery not costing EE anything if it's still in packet is it i may be wrong ? So whoever had set the t&c's knew they would basically pick up money for nothing ? What's so hard to start charging once SIM actually used to make a call that's called being fair to customer's in my book ? Instead of trying to rip off folk who may have bought as a planned gift and therefore paying for nothing supplied exept an unused SIM ? By all means cover your posting cost but till the SIM is used what other costs do you have ? I have no idea maybe you can enlighten me 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're just imagining a T&C that just doesn't exist. Show me where in EE's T&C's it says you don't pay until you use, rather than from the start of the contract.

A free SIM is only a PAYG SIM. As it name implies you PAY as you GO! A contract SIM isn't that.

BTW: We are not EE, so please don't address us as if we were. I object to being accused of stealing.

by shug59 Investigator
Investigator

Show me where I said you don't pay untill you use ? , EE aren't daft they know only 5% of customers read the term & conditions what I was getting at is it tantamount to stealing charging customer's before they actually use the service no matter what the t&c's are it's a money making scheme i know I've been a lawyer for over 35years and I do know how it works but it doesn't mean it's right nobody should be charged for any service payg or monthly untill they actually use the service , what's the cost to EE when the Sims not been activated?  Yes charge delivery of SIM but why can't contract begin when service is actually activated by a call nothing to do with terms & conditions it should be as it's morally right unlike charging for fresh air that has no expense outlay to EE , p.s for somebody who says they don't work for EE but defends blatent theft from customers no matter what the terms say it's realistic to think that person has some links to the company apart from being their voice in the community have a nice day young man  

by shug59 Investigator
Investigator

Dont forget to stamp solved 🙈🤣👏

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @shug59

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the way that our pay monthly contracts are billed

I can tell from your post that you feel strongly about this, so I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thank you.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.