by Bazinga Established Contributor
Established Contributor

eSIM - iPhone restore

Hi

I need to reinstall iOS on my iPhone, I curently make use of the eSIM for my number with EE. if I place the phone into DFU mode and install iOS will the eSIM info remain in place or do I need to order another eSIM pack?

Thanks

Lee

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: eSIM - iPhone restore

@Bazinga  I believe you’ll need to get another QR code.  The quickest way is to go to your local EE store.  

Can an you please come back and inform us if you do need one as this is still new and there is vey little ( none that I can find actually ) information about this. 

by Bazinga Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks -it would be nice if EE had a web page deciated to eSIm with FAQ. 

When I called CS yesterday I was told no, which didnt sound correct.

I would be grateful if EE staff can confirm 

lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bazinga. I’ve been reading on Apples website that if you do a restore and restore from a backup in theory it will restore the eSim, as it’s putting the information back on the device.  And that make sense, but doing a full restore and setup as new you’ll need to reactivate the eSim via a QR code.  

What you could do is get another eSim and setup as new and then with it being a new install without any of your information apps/settings etc etc is then back that up and then save that in case you need to do a clean install in the future.  With doing this you’ll never need to get another QR to activate the eSim again.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bazinga

@Chris_B is correct, if you restore the device and set up from back up this will re-add the profile and all you need to do is a sim swap. 

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.