by coloquil1 Contributor
Contributor

can I use a sky sim

i have an unlocked buzzard and when i put my sky sim in the buzzard i can still use ee and not if i use the sky sim without ee so i am trying to find out if it will come off my sky card or ee as i still have credit with ee tried to ask sky but did not know the answer. the ee and other networks like o2 are on the hi link that is from heuwi but sky is not on the list is there anyone with tech abilities that can answer this please

keith

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by coloquil1 Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Re: can I use a sky sim

hi chris,

thanks for the reply but it is weird as i bought another buzzard from germany and could not get the sky sim to work until i used the 02 network that was on the list and when i put the sky sim in it worked it could be that i had a valid o2 sim but i will have to wait till the o2 sim runs out to see if the sky sim stops working its very frustrating when i contacted sky and no one had any idea 

keith

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@coloquil1  If you put a sky sim in it you are not using the EE network as sky don’t use the EE network to get their customers a signal to their devices they use O2.  

by coloquil1 Contributor
Contributor
Solution

hi chris,

thanks for the reply but it is weird as i bought another buzzard from germany and could not get the sky sim to work until i used the 02 network that was on the list and when i put the sky sim in it worked it could be that i had a valid o2 sim but i will have to wait till the o2 sim runs out to see if the sky sim stops working its very frustrating when i contacted sky and no one had any idea 

keith

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.