by Ladyeleanor Investigator
Investigator

Which sim for Apple Watch?

Hi, I'd like to buy the Apple Watch for the £25 a month contract. However the deal says I need to link it with an iPhone SE or higher. 

My my question is, if I already own an iPhone 6 (on o2), can I just buy the cheapest sim on EE to get me setup to buy the Apple Watch?

Many thanks...

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Which sim for Apple Watch?

I'm not quite sure what you mean sorry, however, in order to use an Apple Watch on EE, your iPhone would also have to be used all the time on EE as well meaning you would have to transfer your current iPhone from O2 to EE and start an EE SIM only plan with it (or new handset plan) and then buy the Watch + plan from EE as well.

Investigator

My o2 contract has ran out so I know I need to buy an EE sim. 

But if the Apple Watch comes with unlimited data, can I just buy the cheapest sim? I usually use around 2gb of data per month at th wmonute, but would I need to buy the EE sim that matches that amount? It's working out to be around £45 pm to have the Apple Watch and sim. That's too much I think.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

It doesn't matter which SIM only plan you go for just as long as it's pay monthly and an EE consumer (i.e. not a small business) plan.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ladyeleanor,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's a great answer from @Profile closed, you can add an Apple Watch plan to any of our consumer pay monthly plans.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Thanks lads.

what I'm trying to ask is...

if if I buy the 13.99 sim which gives me 500mb of data, is the allowance for the phone or watch?

or just phone?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Just the phone, the Watch plan data is always separate.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.