by Chaltonadvisor Investigator
Investigator

When changing phones l did to change tariffs

When l want to change phones do l need to change tariff as different sized sim

10 REPLIES 10
Investigator

When changing phones

When l want to change phones do l need to change tariff as different sized sim currently orange tariff

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: When changing phones l did to change tariffs

@Chaltonadvisor   When you upgrade to a new phone you also have a new tariff.    Sometimes you do not get a new Sim card when you take out a new tariff/device as your existing Sim card will fit the new device.  I’m still using the same SIM card I got about 4 years ago. 

Investigator

I don't want a new tariff just swapping phones?

@Chris_B wrote:

@Chaltonadvisor   When you upgrade to a new phone you also have a new tariff.    Sometimes you do not get a new Sim card when you take out a new tariff/device as your existing Sim card will fit the new device.  I’m still using the same SIM card I got about 4 years ago. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Brilliant answer @Chris_B

I hope this is what you needed @Chaltonadvisor and please do come to community anytime.

Great to have you here.

Richard

🙂

by

Hi @Chaltonadvisor

What kind of phone are you using?

Have you had a look at our Help With Your SIM help and support pages.

Have a quick look please at the types of SIM card information.

Their is some fantastic information there.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Richard

🙂 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chaltonadvisor   you can put any Sim card into any phone and if you need a new Sim card for that new phone  because it’s a different size then you just called customer services and they will send out a new SIM card  with your number on it. 

Is this an upgrade or is it a phone that you’ve already got or plan on purchasing ? ( not a upgrade ) 

Investigator

Been given a newish phone better than existing so just need to replace SIM with new size tariff was orange though

@Chris_B wrote:

@Chaltonadvisor   you can put any Sim card into any phone and if you need a new Sim card for that new phone  because it’s a different size then you just called customer services and they will send out a new SIM card  with your number on it. 

Is this an upgrade or is it a phone that you’ve already got or plan on purchasing ? ( not a upgrade ) 

Investigator

Re: When changing phones w/o tariff changesffs

@Chris_B wrote:

Been given a newish phone better than existing so just need to replace SIM with new size tariff was orange though

@Chris_B wrote:

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: When changing phones

Hi, 

No you can use whatever phone you want. If you need a new sim then you can either call CS and order one or go here.

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by

Re: When changing phones

Hi @Chaltonadvisor,

Welcome to the EE Community.

If you need a different sized SIM for your Orange plan, please get in touch with customer services and they'll be happy to help.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.