Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

What is wrong with the order of the replacement SIM

Hi,. I ordered a replacement SIM because my old telephone does not work and the new one needs a smaller one. I have got the email confirming the order but, two weeks later, there is no new SIM. It seems that the payment taken is refunded but there is no any email to explain cancellation. Can anyone advise on how can I get that new SIM? I can't get through with the direct question. Thank you very much.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: What is wrong with the order of the replacement SIM

Hi @CrystalEyes

I completely understand.

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me.

Katie 🙂

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@CrystalEyes   Being refunded sounds like you need to order again as the sim got sent back to the sender.  

Highlighted
by

Hi @CrystalEyes,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please get in touch with Customer Care so we can take a look at your account to see why your order didn't reach you.

As @Chris_B said, it could have been returned to us so we need to check we have the correct address for you.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Hi James,

Thank you for your answer. When I think about it, I was never asked the delivery address when requesting the new SIM, assuming it was somewhere in the profile. But now, looking through the profile, I can't see the address either. Could you please point to me where is it so I could actually check. (It was quite a while ago that I set up the account and I think I did not intend to buy anything online).

As far as getting in touch to the Team, it seems that there is no chat for PAYG, and the telephone is not working anyway.

Thanks a lot. 

Highlighted
by

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Hi James,

I can not change my address as there is no "button" for it("edit" or "manage", like for email or even payment cards).  I suspect  the address is not there because, as I said,  at the time I set the account I only intended to use it for payments to avoid going to shops with newborn baby(close to five years ago, not now).

I can not contact the CS by telephone because the latter is not working, and lines are extremely busy which I came to know when I tried to telephone to 150 from another person's device. 

Is there any way to get this address issue sorted so I could re-order the smaller SIM(nano-)? Should I ask for help in the "Accounts" section? Or is it possible to order the replacement SIM through the MyEE but provide the address manually somehow? I am really sorry for bothering you but I do need my telephone working.

Thank you very much for your help.

Highlighted
by

Good Morning @CrystalEyes

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We have no account access here on the community, our customer care team will need to gain access to your account to update your address.

The replacement SIM will be sent to the address which is on your account. 

Please continue to hold when calling 150 and a member of the team will be with you as soon as they can. 

Katie 🙂 

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

I re-ordered the replacement SIM yesterday but, although I got the confirmation email, the charge is not taken. How on Earth I can get a replacement SIM???

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Good afternoon @Katie_B,

thanks for your answer. 

I just would like to know can anyone pass my request to the Customer Support through the EE Community forum as I basically can not telephone 150 because my old telephone does not work and I find it inconvenient to keep somebody else's telrphone for an hour or so. 

I re-ordered the SIM yesterday but the payment is not taken although I have got the confirmation email. Is it just an automated reply?! I might start ordering new SIMs until someone notices my odd behaviour and tries to contact me via email which IS available.

I am sorry for wasting your and my time but I think we go in circles. Thank you.

P.S. How can I just get a replacement, smaller SIM?

Highlighted
by
Solution

Hi @CrystalEyes

I completely understand.

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me.

Katie 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Hi Katie,

Is the information going to be visible to everyone?

Can it be arranged today?

Thanks a lot.

Highlighted
by

Hi @CrystalEyes

You need to reply to @Katie_B's private message, not here in the public area.

Chris

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much indeed!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions