by leahmcgillivray
Explorer

Upgraded plan, came with a new sim, and new number. Wanted to keep old number..

I have recently upgraded from a sim-only plan to one which includes a phone. On the upgrade it mentioned that I would be able to regain my original number, and wouldn't need to send me a new sim-card. 

However, once recieving my parcel it came with a new sim-card with a new number printed on the packaging. So basically I would like to keep my new number, but have my new plan. Do I have to use my new sim for this plan? Or do I need to go to an EE store to get a new sim, on this new plan, with my original number?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Leah.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Upgraded plan, came with a new sim, and new number. Wanted to keep old numbe

Hi @leahmcgillivray and welcome to the community.

Once you have popped your new SIM into the device, it should start the transfer process of moving your old number over to the new SIM.

If it has not done this within 24 hours, please do get in touch with customer services and they will look into this.

Please do let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

2 REPLIES 2
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Upgraded plan, came with a new sim, and new number. Wanted to keep old numbe

HI, 

@leahmcgillivray

Call customer service on 150 from ee or any other provider to 07953 966 250 ask them you want to keep your old number with your new phone where they can sort this out for you as you don't need a new replacement sim. 

Thanks 

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @leahmcgillivray and welcome to the community.

Once you have popped your new SIM into the device, it should start the transfer process of moving your old number over to the new SIM.

If it has not done this within 24 hours, please do get in touch with customer services and they will look into this.

Please do let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.