by SusieE3 Investigator
Investigator

Upgrade

I've upgraded my phone from a iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 - I received a new SIM and have activated the new SIM card but three hours later the new phone is saying NO SIM CARD I've read that it can take up to 24 hours to activate but is this message normal?

8 REPLIES 8
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Upgrade

Hello @SusieE3,

Welcome to the community,

Is your old SIM card not working? You did not necessarily have to put a new SIM card in the phone, as you could have used your old one if it is an EE SIM card.

Yes, it can take up to 24 hours and as it is the weekend, it could take a little longer.

Try your IPHone 6 SIM card and see if that still works.

by SusieE3 Investigator
Investigator

I realise now that I needn't have changed the SIM 😳 anyway the old SIM is no longer working in the old phone is the message showing on new phone 'NO SIM' as it should be?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@SusieE3, Have you tried re-booting your phone? This does sometimes solve the problem, otherwise you will have to wait until the morning and ring EE customer service or log-in to your account and wait for live chat, but this you can only do tomorrow now EE is closed.

by SusieE3 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you Shockwave

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@SusieE3, You are welcome, hope you get it sorted and you are back up and running.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SusieE3

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I see @Schockwave has given you some fantastic help with this so far.

Does your new SIM now work?

Chris

by SusieE3 Investigator
Investigator

Hi re my SIM still not working have been in touch with EE customer services and they are to send out a new SIM 🙄Appreciate the help from everyone 👍

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update, @SusieE3.

Let us know if you need anything.

Have a great weekend. 🙂

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.