by LucyCoo Investigator
Investigator

Upgrade /new sim issues

Help! I upgraded my phone last week, was sent a new SIM which I put in. It connected to the internet and I could make calls (from the NEW number) but not send or receive texts. I searched here on the community and saw that I might need to activate my new SIM so I did that & I can now make calls and send and receive text messages which are now being sent/received from my OLD number (?) and something very strange is going on: when I try to send WhatsApp messages it comes from the new mobile number and it won't let me participate in any of my existing group chats...Plus when I log in to My EE it still shows my old plan (and my old number). I tried calling EE this evening but was on hold then got cut off after 10 mins and now it's shut... I had an existing EE contract and I upgraded through carphone warehouse...Any advice would be greatly appreciated

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Upgrade /new sim issues

I should look at your Whatsup settings. Also at the mobile no. your mobile thinks it is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

When you upgrade you get to keep your old no., once the new SIM is activated.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by LucyCoo Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX wrote:

When you upgrade you get to keep your old no., once the new SIM is activated.

Thank you for your reply. That's reassuring but it seems strange that I can no longer participate in my old whatsapp conversations and any new whatsapp messages are being sent from the mobile number that came with the new SIM. 🤔

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

I should look at your Whatsup settings. Also at the mobile no. your mobile thinks it is.

by LucyCoo Investigator
Investigator

I’ll give that a go thank you 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LucyCoo

Thank you for posting in community 🙂

I can see @XRaySpeX has helped you already.

When you get a chance to check the settings, let us know.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by LucyCoo Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I've checked the WhatsApp setting and it has fixed that problem. Thank you. However, my ee account is still not showing my new plan? Is there anything you can suggest?

by
EE Employee

Hi @LucyCoo

I would recommend giving customer services a quick call to make sure Carphone warehouse has processed the plan change correctly.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions