by WaltGold
Visitor

Unused PAYG sim (with £10 on it) not working after 24 hours. Is it a dud?

Been away for a few years and had a Pay As You Go EE sim with me (with £10 credit installed). Just got back and put it in yesterday morning.

Still no sign of life from it.

Can provide the 12 digit code printed on it.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Unused PAYG sim (with £10 on it) not working after 24 hours. Is it a dud?

Hello @WaltGold EE PAYG SIM cards are deactivated after 6 months of none usage:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-hibernation-and-how-can-I-stop-it/...

The number and credit will be lost if you have not used it recently. You can contact customer service on 0800 956 6000 options 2, 4 to check but it can not be guaranteed.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @WaltGold and welcome to the community.

So I can try and assist may I know when the last time you used the SIM card?

Has the Hibernation information helped at all?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When did you last use it for outgoing? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.