by Blaik
Explorer

Unable to get PUK code

My mobile (currently aclatel one touch due to my phone braeaking) today has PUK locked me out. Google tells me only my network can fix this. So I tried to call 150 but the phone has all connections blocked as part of the lock so that didnt work. Then tried to contact them online, but you can only do that if you are logged in and the phone is registered - which i cant do because you have to confirm with a code sent my text!

Is it really this impossible to get this code from EE?

9 REPLIES 9
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Unable to get PUK code

If you have not set-up an online account or cannot ring EE using your own mobile, you will either have to ring EE from another mobile or landline on 07953 966250 or call into your nearest EE store as they may be able to help.

by Blaik
Explorer

This is not do able as I live over an hour from the closest store. So ive just lost access to my phone beacuse your system wont let knew users use live chat. Surely after this many years a system should be in place to help users in this situation - 3 inccorect pins and you loose all use of your phone? Thats just stupid

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Blaik   If you had setup an online account you wouldn't have this issue,  it's an issue that you have created yourself by not setting up an online account so your only option if you can not get to a store is to use a landline. 

by Blaik
Explorer

No this is not an issue i created my self, its A Pays as you go number, who regsiters that online you just top it up.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Blaik and welcome to the Community.

Please do give our customer services a call from an alternative device to have your PUK code reset.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Blaik   Not having an online account has put you in to this position of now not being able to setup an online account as you need a work device for this.    If you had a online account you could of got the PUK code from it with no need to call customer services.  So yes you have sort of put yourself in to this position of now needing/having to call customer services to get the PUK code because of not having an online account.  

by Blaik
Explorer

NOBODY REGISTERS A PAYG SIM CARD. Go and do a system check youll find 70% of PAYG will not be resitered on line because there is no point - you dont expect something like this to happen you just top up like everyone does. Usuall case though, youll take my money each month but then wont let me access the account.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Blaik  I can not check anything I don't work for EE.   Yes your right probably most payg users haven't setup an online account.  But don't you wish you had.   

And if you had you could also use the My EE app to see what allowances you have left on your pay-as-you-go account.  Your paying for the service so unless you create a online account when you have a working device you can not have ago because you now can not setup an account because you need a PUK code to unblock the SIM card so you have a working device.  You don't have an online account yet as you haven't set it up so you are not being stopped its the fact you haven't set it up in the first place.   

by
EE Employee

Hi @Blaik

Here on the Community we do not have access to any customer accounts.

Please do follow the advice in my previous post and do give our customer services a call from an alternative device to have your PUK code reset.

Hope this helps,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.