Highlighted
by ajsymmons
Explorer

Unable to add my Orange SIM number

For several years I've been using an Orange PAYG sim card inside the main control panel of my home security system. This has been managed by signing in to my Orange account and I was able to check and add to my balance without any problems.

Having re-registered with EE and created a MyEE account, I tried to add my SIM card number in the "add a device" area. Unfortunately, the number has not been recognized and I am, at present, unable to continue manage the card balance. 

Any advice on how I can resolve this issue would be appreciated?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Unable to add my Orange SIM number

@ajsymmons wrote:

by phone or text service, (presumably from a phone with the orange SIM fitted). 

No, you can phone (but not text) from any phone, using the landline nos. in my sig.

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't! You can no longer register an Orange number for a My EE account since 29 Dec 2017. You may now only manage an Orange a/c by phone or text service. Have a read of Orange Your Account closure - explained .

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ajsymmons,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

As @XRaySpeX mentioned, Orange online accounts are no longer available.

You can order a free EE SIM online or pick one up in your local EE Store.

Hope this helps.

James

by ajsymmons
Explorer

Thanks to XRaySpex and James B for your replies. I am aware that you can no longer register an Orange number for a My EE account since 29 Dec 2017 as well as now only manage an Orange a/c by phone or text service, (presumably from a phone with the orange SIM fitted). 

As stated in my post, unfortunately, my Orange SIM card does not reside in a mobile phone but is fitted in the control panel of my home security alarm system. It still has a balance of money on it, is still working, sends texts to my non EE android phone and If I remove it I'll have to re-program and set up the system from scratch again, which is a lenghthy process, so would be a nuisance.

I think I'll pay a visit to my local EE shop and see if they can help. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@ajsymmons wrote:

by phone or text service, (presumably from a phone with the orange SIM fitted). 

No, you can phone (but not text) from any phone, using the landline nos. in my sig.

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ajsymmons,

If it helps, you can keep the same telephone number and transfer your balance when moving to an EE plan.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions