by
Explorer

UAE

Hi - I am living abroad in the UAE and so am paying too much for a plan that I do not use.

I would like to keep the number and the SIM in my phone for when I do travel back to the UK. 

What do you think would be best for me to do?

Cancel my plan, pay for minimal plan or any other suggestions?

Is it possible to add data usage in the UAE to the plan?

Thank you, 

Hayley

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: UAE

@H4y1ey   To cancel the plan you’ll need to pay off the remaining term of that plan.  If you choose to move to a PAYG you’ll need to be connected to the EE network directly for your sim to activate as a PAYG so at present that’s not an option.   

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@H4y1ey   To cancel the plan you’ll need to pay off the remaining term of that plan.  If you choose to move to a PAYG you’ll need to be connected to the EE network directly for your sim to activate as a PAYG so at present that’s not an option.   

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by
Explorer

I am due for an update if that's what you mean.  So, if I'm correct I am in a position to cancel.  Do you think this would be best? 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@H4y1ey   To terminate a contract you need to give 30 days notice.   If you want to keep your number the best option would be to upgrade to the cheapest sim only deal.  I believe that’s £13 and you don’t need to be in the UK for this to take effect.   

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.