by Toffeenut
Explorer

Travelling from Canada can i get a SIM card for my Canadian phone that will work

I am travelling from Canada and will be in England for a few weeks, my old iphone is unlocked and has been fully restarted. Can i get a SIM card for this phone that will work through my trip? If i can, will i get unlimited texts back to Canada and also within England? If i send pictures with my texts will that cost me extra and how much?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Travelling from Canada can i get a SIM card for my Canadian phone that will

Yes, you can buy a PAYG SIM for it with packs of allowances for the UK. None will be unlimited nor include sending to Canada.

• Texts to Canada will be 10p each if you 1st text CALL ABROAD to 150 for a free add-on.
  • Picture msgs to Canada will be 40p each.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes, you can buy a PAYG SIM for it with packs of allowances for the UK. None will be unlimited nor include sending to Canada.

• Texts to Canada will be 10p each if you 1st text CALL ABROAD to 150 for a free add-on.
  • Picture msgs to Canada will be 40p each.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Toffeenut,

Welcome to the EE Community.

In addition to the great information @XRaySpeX gave you, you can find out more on our pay as you go packs help page.

We have packs that include mobile data which would help you keep in touch via social media and messaging apps.

Thanks

James​​​​​​​

by Toffeenut
Explorer

So just to be 100% clear - an EE SIM card will allow unlimited texts within England but any texts to Canada will be chargeable ?

Texts to Canada will be 10p each (after I text CALL ABROAD to 150)

Texts with pictures wil be 40p each.

Texts received from Canada will be free ?

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

That's correct @Toffeenut Smiley Happy

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, yes, most PAYG packs will have unlimited UK & EU texts but not unlimited call mins.

Receiving texts from anywhere will be free (other than from Premium Rate nos.).

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.