by EEuser12345 Investigator
Investigator

Transfer number (sim-only)

Hello, I am currently on a sim only pay monthly plan. My contract is ending soon and I would like another sim only plan (with more data). If I buy the new sim will my number be automatically transferred?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Transfer number (sim-only)

Good Afternoon @EEuser12345

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

There's no need to buy a new SIM as you can upgrade your current SIM only plan.

You can do this by either logging in to My EE or by giving customer services a quick call and speaking to the upgrades team.

You can't port your number within the network so if you did take out a new SIM only contract rather than upgrading, this would have a new number.

Hope this helps!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@EEuser12345

Yes you can keep your old number when you upgrade directly with EE through your my ee web account account or via ee telesale team. 

You just need to call ee upgrade team to 150 from your EE and from any other provider to 07953 966 250 to discuss your availab options. 

On Sim only contract some time even you don't need a new SIM unless if you need different size sim. 

I hope you get your answer. 

Many Thanks 

by
EE Employee
Solution

Good Afternoon @EEuser12345

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

There's no need to buy a new SIM as you can upgrade your current SIM only plan.

You can do this by either logging in to My EE or by giving customer services a quick call and speaking to the upgrades team.

You can't port your number within the network so if you did take out a new SIM only contract rather than upgrading, this would have a new number.

Hope this helps!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by EEuser12345 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your help!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.