by BerryWell
Explorer

Tethering on Legacy FullMonty SIM

Hi all,

As from the title I am still on the ageing Full Monty SIM account.

This allows for 2000 minutes talk time, unlimited texts & unlimited 3G data (capped to a maximum download speed of 4Mbits).

As this is such an old product, I've been struggling to find out whether tethering of the data is allowable on this product. Does anyone know if it is available and within the contract terms?

It's just that I have read in various places that any mobile data included with contracts are allowed to be used with or without tethering these days.

I did try the tethering out the other day and it worked fine but obviously this doesn't mean it's actually allowable.

regards

Tel.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Tethering on Legacy FullMonty SIM

Hello @BerryWell

This is a very old plan (2012 - 2013) and back when Unlimited Data was only on a select number of mobile networks with restrictions.

The Full Monty Plans do not allow you to tether unfortunately.

"You’ll need internet coverage to use internet on your phone, check it at t-mobile.co.uk/streetcheck. If you’re on a Full Monty plan, you’ll get unlimited use of our internet on your phone service when you’re in the UK. This means no fair use policy will apply. Please note that internet on your phone excludes using your phone as a modem (tethering) and network traffic controls apply (www.t-mobile.co.uk/networkfacts)."

by BerryWell
Explorer

Hi @Inyourbox 

Thank you for your reply and apologise for my slow reply.

Thanks for finding the information about the FullMonty SIM old contract, I couldn't find anything about tethering when I was searching. I did think it wasn't allowed though.

The link in your reply doesn't appear to work any more, it just goes to a blank screen for me.

Anyway, Thanks again for your reply.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @BerryWell 

Sorry for my late response.

Apologies for the blank url, I believe this part of the website has now been closed.

Here are the links to the correct Terms and Conditions!

24 Month Price Plans: https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/external/content/T-Mobile/Price-plans-a...

SIM Only Price Plans: https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/tmobile-simo-full-monty-%C2%A326,%C2%A331-june-2017.p...

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.