by haleycg5 Investigator
Investigator

Study Abroad

Hello! I will be studying abroad in the UK from the US this fall and am trying to figure out how to use my phone abroad. I am looking at the 12GB EE monthly plan: will the "unlimited calls and texts" in this plan include the US, or will that be an extra charge? Also, since it is 12 month plan and I am only in the UK for 3 months, will I be able to use the EE sim card back in the US?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Study Abroad

You need to be resident in UK for 60 days out of any 120 to continue using your EE SIM abroad.

US roaming is only included in current EE Max Plans. Is it 1 of those?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @haleycg5.

Welcome to the EE Community.

If you are only going to be in the UK for three months, a pay as you go SIM would be a better option for you.

You just need to make sure your phone is unlocked for all networks.

Best of luck with your studies. Smiley Happy

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@James_B: The "60 days out of any 120 " rule still applies to PAYG, so @Lee_H said so in PAYG Roaming Abroad for 2 months .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

That's right @XRaySpeX

I was suggesting the pay as you go option just for the 3 months @haleycg5 will be spending in the UK.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.