by HelenR1 Investigator
Investigator

Sim not working when abroad

I am in Nepal. On pay as you go. Received text telling me about charges in Nepal and have enough credit on phone. Can’t make or receive calls or SMS either to UK or Nepalese numbers. Can’t phone for advice as ...cant phone.  Very irritated and wasted LOADS of time trying to sort this/get help. 

The Nepalese sim my husband is using at least had chat support which have been excellent for getting him set up but SO unimpressed with support options from EE as I cant access any ther than this.

HElp

5 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Sim not working when abroad

Hi HelenR1 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by HelenR1 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the suggestion.

I was on Nepal telecom. When I switched to Ncell(the carrier my husband is using with lots of coverage) and the other on offered I was told no service so not surprisingly couldn’t do the second bit as cant make a hone call!

H
by

Hi @HelenR1

Thanks for coming back.

Are you able to go from 4G to a 3G connection, does that help?

Richard

Smiley Happy

by HelenR1 Investigator
Investigator

Don’t have data package. Just trying to make and receive calls and texts

Helen Randfield
by

If you try to go to 3G coverage this could help the calls and text situation @HelenR1 this could help.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.