by MK10 Investigator
Investigator

Sim not allowed

Hello. I have tried to contact EE through MyEE when logged in (I have a contract) but the live chat is not working and I am abroad and cannot ring. So I hope you can help.

The issue is this:

I have been travelling for two months and yesterday, the phone stopped working with no access to a network and unable to send messages or make calls. There is a symbol saying "MM Sim Not Allowed" under a triangle. I have tried the usual restarting, taking the sim out and back in, flight mode, manually trying to connect to a network, automatically trying to connect etc etc. But none of it has worked.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Sim not allowed

Afternoon @MK10

Thanks for coming to the community.

Where are you at the moment?

Can you find any networks when you try to manually connect?

Leanne.

by MK10 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I am currently in Cartagena, Colombia. Yes, there are three different networks when I manually search. When I try to connect it says "registered" then "sim not allowed" pops up the next second, with "emergency calls only". 

The SIM was working fine in Bogota Colombia, and I only had this issue when landing and turning airplane mode off .

Best regards

by

Thanks @MK10

Can you try turning 4G off on your phone.

Then select one of the networks in your phone settings.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

by MK10 Investigator
Investigator

4G has not been enabled since I arrived in South america. I haven't been using data and have only used wifi. So the phone is currently set to 2G/3G Only, and I've tried to connect manually and automatically.

I've also switched to 2G only, and 3G only, then tried both automatically and manually. 

It still doesn't work and still says either 1) MM SIM not allowed, or 2) NO SERVICE Selected network not available 

by

Thanks @MK10

In this case we are going to need to get this looked into for you.

You would need to give our customer service team a call so they can get this investigated further for you.

You can call us from another line on +44 (0) 7953 966 250.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.