by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Sim card

Hi @Simonpeter

If you can pop into the store today so they can do some extra checks for you to help get this sorted. 

The T-Mobile SIM should'nt work either unless this was locked to T-Mobile.

Leanne.

by Simonpeter Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne

not good news really.

Went to the EE shop in Ipswich, spoke with Hannah who was very good and listened to me, she felt that the phone was locked and sent me to a mobile shop just down the road which I did the owner said after listening yes it needs to be unlocked so left it with him on return he said all done it is showing EE plus God signal so I tried to make a call same thing error connection he could not understand this and tried a new EE SIM card which gave same result, he then put in the Tesco sim  and the phone worked fine he advised me to come back to you as he said he us sure the phone is fine, the EE sim is fine and the two tried work perfectly in my other Nokia and felt the phone is securely locked with EE?

but Thanks for your help 

Simon

by

Hi there @Simonpeter

Thanks for coming back to me,

To be honest there should be no reason this shouldn't be working, the SIM is fine and the phone works with another SIM card.

You could try a factory reset on the phone to see if this works for you.

This would remove all data from your phone, so you would need to back this up.

Leanne.

by Simonpeter Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne

This procedure has already been done.

i feel this is going to be one of life's mysteries  we come across.

The mobile repair shop owner was baffled as he unlocked the phone as he would any other phone and was certain it was working due to EE display etc so was baffled as to why it would not make a call when the tesco sim did so much so he did not charge me.

But there is always a positive I have found people willing to help each other i.e., yourself, the mobile shop owner.

Thank you 

Simon

by

Hi @Simonpeter

I am sorry I couldn't help you fix this.

We are always here to help as much as we can 🙂

Thank you for being so patient and trying everything for me.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions