Highlighted
by Techo Investigator
Investigator

SIM card locked back into ORANGE 6 months after switch from Orange to EE

Hi,

I am on a pay-as-you-go plan. I was switched from Orange to EE last year, and all worked well until Friday the 1st of February. I can only make Emergency calls, and cannot send texts or make calls, nor receive calls. As a disabled person, this is a disaster, since I rely on the phone a lot to call taxis, friends for help. I teach from home and the nuber is used to communicate with my pupils.

I did ring EE and was told that my SIM card had locked itself back into Orange. That it might take a day or two to get the servide back. But the service has not been restored. I spoke again to an EE person yesterday - I spend hours on the phone trying to get this sorted - but still no success. 

The EE staff sent me an EE Sim Card now, with instructions, but I am not very good at these things, and the EE sim card is rather flimsy and I worry that the chip will fall out.

I also need to move all phone numbers currently on the Orange sim card over to the phone.

I also had the problem a previous user mentioned - my Orange plan had not been moved across to EE for a while and I kept topping up after just two calls. The staff kindly refunded what I had lost, and yesterday, I also got my credit doubled (not much, since I only had 15 pounds on it).

But none of this is making me feel confident about continuing with EE, to be honest. I feel like changing provider. What do I need to do to get my number unlocked so that I can switch?

I just want information, not action - especially none without talking to me first.

I should be very grateful if you could give me some answer that I could be happy with.

I still cannot understand why the card got locked back to Orange in the first place, and why it could not be unlocked and put back to EE within a day. One of the answers I got was that it had to do with the snow.....

I would be grateful for a comprehensive answer.

Techo

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: SIM card locked back into ORANGE 6 months after switch from Orange to EE

Good Evening @Techo

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

The SIM card which has been sent to you I would recommend putting in the device, your old SIM may not be active now a new SIM has been sent. 

Please let me know the outcome of this so I can assist further. 

Speak soon, Katie Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES 8
by
Solution

Good Evening @Techo

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

The SIM card which has been sent to you I would recommend putting in the device, your old SIM may not be active now a new SIM has been sent. 

Please let me know the outcome of this so I can assist further. 

Speak soon, Katie Smiley Happy

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi

I believe there was a technical issue recently with customers that have been migrated from Orange PAYG to EE 3G.

EE have now sent you a new EE 4G SIM card, the latest available. The SIM card will not fall out of the phone, providing you are using the correct size. What model of phone do you have?

This would also help us to give you advice on how to keep your contacts.

If you do wish to change provider you need to call 150 and request a PAC. However this will involve further SIM cards and complication, whereas you are close to resolving your issues.

by Techo Investigator
Investigator

OK - I will give this a go. I use a simple Nokia 222 - not a smart phone.

Just one more question: In the letter accompanying the new sim card, i have been give the following information:

"If this SIM is to replace a lost, stolen, damaged, or faulty one, just place the SIM in your phone and you should be able to use it straight away."

The the fault on my old SIM come under this category? Or do i need to key in my PIN? The letter also give me a PIN. Yet the above sentence suggests I need not do anything....

In the meanime, I have figured out how to move all numbers stored to the phone from the current SIM - a process which I have now nearly completed.

If you could just clarify my query, I should be grateful.

Techo.

by

Hi @Techo

You should be fine just popping the new SIM into your device, if you do need to activate the SIM you can do this online. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, 

Katie Smiley Happy

by Techo Investigator
Investigator

Thanks! yes - I will give this a go and see what happens.  

I will keep you in the loop.

Techo

by Techo Investigator
Investigator

Dear Katie,

I finally managed to replace the Orange SIM card with the EE SIM card (it was extremely fiddly because the EE SIM kept falling to pieces....). All seems to be working. I found several text message, and the first one, from EE, asks me to go on line to register the new SIM card once I had received it. I did not see that message until I had fitted the SIM card - but even without registering - the phone now seems to work.

Do I need to register it?

by

If you have a signal on the new EE SIM card, you don't need to register it, @Techo. Smiley Happy

Glad everything's sorted. Give us a shout if you need anything or have any questions.

Chris Smiley Happy

by Techo Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, Christopher - all is working well! 

Thanks for everyone's help and reassurance!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.