Highlighted
by
Explorer

SIM NOT PROVISIONED

Hi, I ordered a sim online (unlimited 12 month contract) and my sim card was lost in the mail. So I contacted support and they dispatched another one that I just received today. However, when I popped it into my phone, I got an error message "Sim Card Not Provisioned)

I read similar topics here and it seems that visiting a store fixes this error. Unfortunately, all EE stores are closed due to COVID-19 so I wonder if this can be fixed remotely or should I just go on and order yet ANOTHER sim.

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by
Explorer
Solution

Re: SIM NOT PROVISIONED

Hi Leanne,

I called support, a very helpful CSR told me that usually I'd need to visit a store and get a replacement sim, but due to COVID-19 he would talk to a supervisor to try to fix it remotely. I gave him my current sim card's serial number and he activated it remotely.

I assume the problem was a conflict between the first sim that was lost in the mail and the second sim, so the serial number had to be matched up with my account by a supervisor on EE's database.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @TarekJan

Welcome to the community.

The SIM card may need registering for you, if you give our Mobile Care team a call they will check your account and help you with your SIM card.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne 🙂

Highlighted
by
Explorer
Solution

Hi Leanne,

I called support, a very helpful CSR told me that usually I'd need to visit a store and get a replacement sim, but due to COVID-19 he would talk to a supervisor to try to fix it remotely. I gave him my current sim card's serial number and he activated it remotely.

I assume the problem was a conflict between the first sim that was lost in the mail and the second sim, so the serial number had to be matched up with my account by a supervisor on EE's database.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

I see @TarekJan

Thanks for coming back to me with an update 🙂

Glad they got this sorted for you.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.