by Marcelio_Lexus

SIM Card Questions



  • I have a mini-SIM currently, can I get a nano SIM replacement that has the exact same number, features (delivery receipts, ect...), tariff and marketing deals as the old SIM did?

The SIM is from way back in 2006 and is branded T-Mobile and on the Legacy tariff: Mates Rates.



  • As it's an unregistered SIM, what are the things EE Customer Service going to want to know, for me to get a replacement?


  • Are "locked phones" locked to their network or the SIM? i.e. could I use a different EE SIM in the old phone (even if the phone was from T-Mobile)?
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: SIM Card Questions

  1. If they still do it for T-M, you need to phone EE for a replacement SIM of correct size with same number & plan, any SIM contacts & credit if applicable. It'll cost £1.50.
  2. Locked phones are locked to the network, not to the SIM. Your phone may be locked to T-M & may not accept an EE SIM. Try it out with a free EE PAYG SIM.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
EE Community Support Team

Re: SIM Card Questions

Morning @Marcelio_Lexus


Thanks for coming to the community.


If you give us a call we will go through everything with you, to get the account registered and help you with the replacement SIM card and if required the unlocking of your phone 🙂





Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.