by benhomer Investigator
Investigator

Report Lost/Stolen Online

Hi all,

Just made a suggestion to Customer Services; should EE not provide a way of reporting a phone as lost or stolen online?

My phone was stolen on my commute home very late last night. I had no access to another device or EE store in the middle of the night.

Should there not be a method whereby someone can report this online or freeze the account. (Like can be done with a debit card, for example)

Thoughts?

Ben

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Report Lost/Stolen Online

@benhomer  You can report a device lost/stolen 24/7.  You can call from a landline please read THIS.    

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @benhomer 

Seems like a good idea, but I don't know how this service works with EE. It maybe the call also goes via some voice analysis software, which gives an indication if the report is genuine/questionable etc. 

Calling also stops malicious deactivation of accounts, which would be easier. Although I would assume you mean via MyEE or your online EE account.

You should have sufficient security enabled, to ensure unauthorised access cannot be granted. That said EE allow up to 24 hours for devices to be reported lost or stolen. You won't be financially penalise if your report is made within this time period. 

As @Chris_B has said there are many ways to contact EE. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by benhomer Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B I know that, and that’s sufficient in a lot of situations. I called this morning from a friends phone. The point I was making was that I didn’t have a phone in order to make that call and EE stores were obviously closed. Charges could have been run up by then and I would have been responsible for up to £100 of them.

by benhomer Investigator
Investigator

@Northerner  Yes I am suggesting something within MyEE that only authorised people have access to; so deactivation is no more likely than any other changes that could be made in MyEE. As I said, it can be done with a bank, I can logon to Barclays and freeze my debit card. 

My phone is secure, but the same cannot be said for everyone. And I could have been liable for charges up to £100.

I agree, there are many ways to contact, but late last night there was no single way I could have; all I’m saying is I would’ve slept better confident that no charges were being incurred. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.