Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Reordering PAYG sim

Hi! Can anyone please tell me whether it's possible to reorder a PAYG sim card that would have my old number? And if it is, how do I go about ordering one? Been using the same number for 6+ years so it would be a real shame to have to change it. 

I don't need to report my sim as stolen as it got lost somewhere in the house; however, considering how tiny it is, I don't think I'll be able to find it.

Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Reordering PAYG sim

Take phone into an EE shop with Photo ID & they'll supply a replacement SIM of correct size with same number, any SIM contacts & credit if applicable for free or phone CS for one for £1.50.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Elli5,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Do you know if your account is still active?

When did you last use it?

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Take phone into an EE shop with Photo ID & they'll supply a replacement SIM of correct size with same number, any SIM contacts & credit if applicable for free or phone CS for one for £1.50.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi James, it would definitely still be active, I've lost my sim less than a day ago and before then I was using it every day. 

Thanks

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thank you, it definitely helps a lot! Just to confirm that this applies to PAYG sims as well? I remember reading the same advice before but someone argued this option is only available if you have a phone contract?

Thanks 

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Elli5.

Yes, this applies for pay as you go users too 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.