Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ordering a replacement sim

I’m getting very frustrated trying to get a replacement PAYG sim for my damaged sim. I have created an EE account and verified it. To get my SIM, I have to register my device, but it wants to send a verification text code, but as my SIM and phone are damaged, how do I get that text. There isn’t a method to allow for this. Due to coronavirus and being in the vulnerable category, as well as shops closed, I can’t go to the EE shop, let alone the buses are no longer running. The PAYG chat isn’t an option and I don’t have a phone to ring via landline. How do I get a replacement SIM to carry on with my current number ? The SIM packs seem to be PAYM in disguise. Appreciate any help possible, I just need a replacement SIM.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Hopefully, all sorted now, so thank you to all those that help. Geoff

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Badger46.

Welcome to the community.

Do you have another phone that you could borrow to give us a call?

Do you have a number that you can receive calls on?

Getting a replacement SIM card needs some kind of verification for security reasons.

Jon

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

I sent you a PM, giving details of my son-in-law who deals with these things for me, especially as i don't have another phone, forbidden on contact with us due to health concerns for myself and my S-I-L, plus my S-I-L says that EE have sent text messages saying not to phone as your too busy. My S-I-L tried to order a replacement SIM with no PAYG packs for my mobile number, but it insisted that a pack has to be selected, which isn't what i want. I can only communicate using email, so i need to get this sorted ASAP, in case either me or my wife have an emergency and need to contact my daughter and S-I-L. EE Shops are closed so can't go there.

My S-I-L could phone on my behalf, but as we both can't leave our own homes, I'm not certain how you can do the verification.

I feel that I'm being left stranded, with no way of this being sorted whilst we're in lockdown.

This is my first experience of asking for support to help and I'm not enjoying it.

All i want is a replacement SIM for my number on PAYG, with my current number and remaining balance from the damaged SIM carried across. We're vulnerable pensioners with health issues and need to get this addressed ASAP.

Please, please, please, please help.

Geoff

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Badger46 : A replacement SIM is one that has your existing no,, PAYG plan & credit on it. You are not forced to have what you don't already have. You are only forced to have a Pack when ordering a new PAYG SIM. Your S-I-L must have tried to order a new PAYG SIM.

You need to phone EE to order a replacement SIM however busy it is. It's the only way in the present crisis.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by

Hi @Badger46.

I'll send you a private message on here.

Jon

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. He did try to order a new one as the EE system is very limited for PAYG when requesting a replacement sims, especially if you don't have a SIM that works and no other way of contacting them for help. It's very frustrating.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Rebecca,

Had a email from my S-I-L. I'm not aware of any password other than the one used to create MyEE account. I had alreadty given him that information, so there was probably a misunderstanding which password you were asking for. If it isn't this password, then I'm afraid I don't know the answer.

I understand you will be calling him later this evening, so hopefully you'll be able to proceed. Jon_K

Geoff

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

I presume Rebecca will be ringing my S-I-L later, as she told him she would ?

Geoff

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

😬Is anyone at EE actually going to sort this for me ?

I'm a vulnerable pensioner, who's S-I-L is trying to get the matter resolved for me, but nothing is happening, as no-one has called him back yet, since 11:30 yesterday, to continue with what was started.

Without my replacement SIM from EE and handset from my S-I-L, I have to rely on email and whilst we deal with the coronavirus, how do i get help with just email.

Please ring my S-I-L as promised to sort it.

I'm not happy, it's very frustrating for both myself and my S-I-L.

Geoff

😠😠

Highlighted
by

Hi @Badger46.

I've responded to your private message again.

Please take a look.

Jon

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Hopefully, all sorted now, so thank you to all those that help. Geoff

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by

Thanks for the update @Badger46 🙂

Glad you got it sorted.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.