by ramanjassal98 Contributor
Contributor

Problems swapping eSim/Plan over to new device

I have a sim only EE contract which I am currently using as an eSim on an iPhone XS Max. My iPhone developed a fault and I was sent a replacement by Apple. 

I called EE for advice on how to transfer my number to my new iPhone and I was told to remove the eSim data plan from the old phone and insert the old physical sim into my new phone to use it as normal and that they’ll send me a new QR code to transfer it back to an eSim.

However my problem is that I’ve followed all the steps and have inserted the old sim but it’s coming up as No Service. I’ve restarted the device many times. Is it just a matter of waiting for it to switch over? My gut feeling is the physical sim is “dead” and that it won’t work and I’m stuck without using my phone number until the QR code is posted in a few days 😞 

Any help will be appreciated! 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Problems swapping eSim/Plan over to new device

@ramanjassal98  You are correct the sim is dead and you need the QR code to activate the esim.  

by ramanjassal98 Contributor
Contributor

So what can I do in the mean time? Could I go into an EE store instead? The QR code will be at least 2 days I’m told to be delivered and I can’t go that long without having a sim. 

by Davies738
Explorer

You can go to an EE store to get a replacement. The Esim should fully work when your handset connects to a WiFi Network. I believe. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @ramanjassal98

I would recommend following the advice @Davies738 has provided and visiting your local store for a new QR code.

Keep us posted on how you get on, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.