by tz777a
Explorer

Problems getting a new SIM card

Hopefully someone can give me a suggestion here as to how to get a replacement SIM card when all usual methods don't appear to be working.

Changed my original nano SIM to an eSIM a while back whilst using an iPhone XS (the eSIM  arrived the very next day in the post so no problems there) - I went for eSIM as I use two numbers, one for work one for personal. However now I have decided not to stick with the iPhone and go back to a Samsung dual SIM phone.  I requested a replacement nano sim card however it didn't arrive so I requested another last week (both at a cost of £1.50).  This second one still hasn't arrived.  I went into the EE shop yesterday where I live to get one.  They wouldn't allow me to have one as I don't have a driving licence (I don't need one as I don't drive), and my passport has expired (I took it with me but it wasn't in date).   The person in store I spoke to seemed shocked I didn't have either however I didn't understand why - many people don't drive so wouldn't have a licence, and not everyone needs a passport (I did have one but it expired and i'm not planning to go away anytime soon so don't need another - fairly reasonable explanations you would think...…)  These are the only 2 forms of photo ID they accept (the others on the list don't apply to me.  I was able to give the 2 characters from my password in store that she asked for, but she wouldn't let me have the SIM without a photo ID. 

Therefore as I have now exhausted all possibilities of getting one (postal one doesn't seem to be coming (same address, haven't moved or anything) and I have been waiting for nearly 2 weeks since the original request) and getting one in the EE shop isn't an option, is there another way?  Are EE able to send one by some guaranteed next day delivery service either for free or if I pay for this service?

Hopefully someone can give me a suggestions as I'm paying for this contract with EE but I can't actually use it without a SIM card....

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Problems getting a new SIM card

Hello there @tz777a

I am sorry to hear your SIM card has not arrived.

Did you order online?

Have you spoken to our Mobile Care team to see if they have been sent?

Leanne.

by tz777a
Explorer

Hi. Yes I did order online via your website on both occasions, and had a confirmation email with each to confirm they had been ordered and would be sent within 2 working days.  I haven't spoken to customer services yet as I wanted to know whether sending a further sim by some form of special delivery was an option, as it seems a little pointless to send a 3rd one the same way as the last 2 when they haven't arrived.... Thanks 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the quick reply @tz777a

We will get this looked into for you.

I have sent you a private message for some details.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.