Highlighted
by CABnAU
Explorer

Prepaid with esim

Does EE offer prepaid plans (or no-contract monthly plans) that support the use of the iPhone Xs E-sim?  Some background:

- I am from Australia with an unlocked iPhone Xs 

- I will be in the UK for 1 month and want to have a local voice/text number as well as data

- Would like to be able to retain my Australian physical sim in the sim tray with EE on the E-sim

- Need no contract or prepaid

If you do support this sort of arrangement, how do I get set up when I arrive? I am considering EE since you are the only UK carrier supporting the Apple iPhone dual sim option.

Thanks for your help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Prepaid with esim

No, eSIM is for contract plans only, not PAYG.

Suggest you buy a PAYG SIM on arrival at airport. As soon as you get it text CALL ABROAD to 150 for a free add-on giving much cheaper than standard rates for calls (10p / min Oz mobiles or 3p / min landlines) & texts (10p each Oz) to abroad.

Look on SIM Only Plans for the sort of SIM plans available. You have the choice of:

• 30-day contracts, but you must give EE 30-days notice to stop it.
  • PAYG, use as you will if the quantities are sufficient. Hence why I recommended it.

You won't be able to order from there unless you can name a UK delivery addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

No, eSIM is for contract plans only, not PAYG.

Suggest you buy a PAYG SIM on arrival at airport. As soon as you get it text CALL ABROAD to 150 for a free add-on giving much cheaper than standard rates for calls (10p / min Oz mobiles or 3p / min landlines) & texts (10p each Oz) to abroad.

Look on SIM Only Plans for the sort of SIM plans available. You have the choice of:

• 30-day contracts, but you must give EE 30-days notice to stop it.
  • PAYG, use as you will if the quantities are sufficient. Hence why I recommended it.

You won't be able to order from there unless you can name a UK delivery addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by CABnAU
Explorer

Thank you. I would urge EE to consider the possibility in the future. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

They have been urged many tims.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.