Highlighted
by CABnAU
Explorer

Prepaid with esim

Does EE offer prepaid plans (or no-contract monthly plans) that support the use of the iPhone Xs E-sim?  Some background:

- I am from Australia with an unlocked iPhone Xs 

- I will be in the UK for 1 month and want to have a local voice/text number as well as data

- Would like to be able to retain my Australian physical sim in the sim tray with EE on the E-sim

- Need no contract or prepaid

If you do support this sort of arrangement, how do I get set up when I arrive? I am considering EE since you are the only UK carrier supporting the Apple iPhone dual sim option.

Thanks for your help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Prepaid with esim

No, eSIM is for contract plans only, not PAYG.

Suggest you buy a PAYG SIM on arrival at airport. As soon as you get it text CALL ABROAD to 150 for a free add-on giving much cheaper than standard rates for calls (10p / min Oz mobiles or 3p / min landlines) & texts (10p each Oz) to abroad.

Look on SIM Only Plans for the sort of SIM plans available. You have the choice of:

• 30-day contracts, but you must give EE 30-days notice to stop it.
  • PAYG, use as you will if the quantities are sufficient. Hence why I recommended it.

You won't be able to order from there unless you can name a UK delivery addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

No, eSIM is for contract plans only, not PAYG.

Suggest you buy a PAYG SIM on arrival at airport. As soon as you get it text CALL ABROAD to 150 for a free add-on giving much cheaper than standard rates for calls (10p / min Oz mobiles or 3p / min landlines) & texts (10p each Oz) to abroad.

Look on SIM Only Plans for the sort of SIM plans available. You have the choice of:

• 30-day contracts, but you must give EE 30-days notice to stop it.
  • PAYG, use as you will if the quantities are sufficient. Hence why I recommended it.

You won't be able to order from there unless you can name a UK delivery addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by CABnAU
Explorer

Thank you. I would urge EE to consider the possibility in the future. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

They have been urged many tims.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.