Highlighted
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Preloaded Data Sim

Hi,

Can a preloaded data sim be used in a normal mobile phone, I want the device to use data (no calls or sms texts) as will mainly be used as a satnav so only needs small data service

Also is the cost the same when need to purchase another (ie I've seen one for £1 for 200mb for 30 days which is ample , but will it then be £1 to renew at same for 30 days

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Preloaded Data Sim

Yes, you may use the SIM in any device you want.

Where do you see 1 for £1? I think you'll find that just to buy the SIM & you'll have to top-up to get the data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Afternoon @mirdragon

Welcome back to the community.

You can view all available packs on our EE Shop, you can use an EE SIM card in any EE device or unlocked device.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@XRaySpeX here - https://shop.ee.co.uk/preloaded-data-sims

£1 for 200mb and £8 for 2gb

@Leanne_T i've already looked at those, but it's a data sim only i'm after, which is why i was aking about the preloaded sim and the ongoing cost for 200mb sim.

I wouldn't use the 2gb of data and currently the calls/data/sms sims cost more than i wish to spend for what you get.

I've purchased the £1 sim to see how it is for 30 days and if provides the data coverage/usage needed for satnav features

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.