by Michael3378
Explorer

Number transfer

Hello, my phone number is transferring today, i have received an Email that states that when i get a text message informing me the transfer is beginning, i should turn my phone off and insert my new SIM.  However, the SIM is already in to receive the messages, I only have one SIM, will this be a problem?

2 REPLIES 2
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Number transfer

@Michael3378 wrote:

Hello, my phone number is transferring today, i have received an Email that states that when i get a text message informing me the transfer is beginning, i should turn my phone off and insert my new SIM.  However, the SIM is already in to receive the messages, I only have one SIM, will this be a problem?

Generally, you keep the old sim card in until you noticed you have no service. At this point, take the old sim card out, and put in the new one. You then have service on your new sim card, and the number transfer is complete at this point.

This is what happened to me when I transferred my number over to EE from another network.

by Michael3378
Explorer

Re: Number transfer

Thanks for your response, i have lost my old SIM along with my old phone.  Hopefully ill end up with no signal on my other room and the process will complete.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.