by Trainer44 Investigator
Investigator

Number transfer and dual SIM

Had a Samsung A10 delivered in store to replace my Windows Nokia 625. Received new phone at store (after some delay) with a new SIM and a new number as expected. I requested that my existing EE number from Nokia 625 be transferred to the Samsung phone but this has not been done to date (my old phone still has ability to send texts). Also no mention of the £10 paid for 30 day bundle is made on my EE account How long should this take?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Investigator
Solution

Re: Number transfer and dual SIM

Hi Leanne - many thanks for your reply which enabled me to solve the problem.

This has taken time because the reception in our location is very variable and it's difficult to get mobile phone reception.

Eventually I rang 150 and spoke to James - he was extremely helpful and transferred my cherished number and credit across to my new phone.

Many thanks all round.

Have a great festive season.

Trainer44

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Trainer44 

Was your Nokia number on EE/T-Mobile or orange?

I'm not sure why you needed a new number as the store should be able to give you a new SIM (if size was the issue).

You might need to PAC out your number to another carrier, then PAC your number back to your new SIM. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Trainer44

Welcome to the community.

Have you upgraded with us or did you order a new phone as a new customer?

Also, are you with us on pay as you go or pay monthly?

Leanne 🙂

Investigator

Hi Northener:

Many thanks for your reply.

Nokia number on EE (formerly Orange). 

I think  I made a mistake in getting delivery of the phone to the store from EE central. The store personnel probably thought I could deal with the matter without their help although I did mention that I would need my number transferred and they kindly entered this into their system.

If necessary I will try to get my current micro-SIM changed for a Nano-SIM and see if this will solve the problem for the number I wiah to reserve..

Which leaves me with 2 SIM's, one of which may become unnecessary for the moment.

Regards -Trainer44

Investigator

Hi Leanne

Many thanks for your observations.

Some of my information has been given to Northener (see above).

I thought I had upgraded with EE but on reflection I may have been treated as a new customer (although EE did know I was an existing customer from my number), I am a PAYG customer.

Perhaps I will need to keep my new number for the time being and transfer my cherished number by obtaining a Nano-SIM to replace my Nokia Micro-SIM. Would this work and save me the hassle of using the PAC route?

Meanwhile I need to contact EE to work out what has actually happened.

Best wishes - Trainer44

by

Hi there @Trainer44

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you get in touch with our Mobile Care team they will be able to get this looked into for you and see what they can do to help 🙂

Leanne.

Highlighted
Investigator
Solution

Hi Leanne - many thanks for your reply which enabled me to solve the problem.

This has taken time because the reception in our location is very variable and it's difficult to get mobile phone reception.

Eventually I rang 150 and spoke to James - he was extremely helpful and transferred my cherished number and credit across to my new phone.

Many thanks all round.

Have a great festive season.

Trainer44

View solution in original post

by

Glad you got this sorted @Trainer44

Have a wonderful Christmas and weekend 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.