by EyeBallz Investigator
Investigator

Nokia 106 Problems

Hello everybody.

I am having problems with a phone I got from by brother. It is a Nokia 106, which was bought originally with EE PAYG by my brother. I have been given it by him, and when I try to use the SIM, it just says "SIM card rejected", and it only lets me use some demo. I know this is a unit which is not a stire only one, as my brother has used it fully before, without demo limitations.

It is now at the point I cannot even unlock it using the EE online forum to help me, as it keeps glitchint out. I want to unlock so I can get a new EE PAYG sim, as my brother lost the top up card, and I do not know the phone number of the SIM anymore.

I am now confused as what to do at this stage. If anyone could help me, that would be appreciated.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Re: Nokia 106 Problems

Hi and welcome to the community @EyeBallz

Please do try a factory reset to see if this resolves your issue.

1. Switch on your handset.
  2. Tap this secret code: *#7370#
  3. Next please press your lock code.
    * The default lock code is 12345
  4. Now your phone will reset.

Do let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by EyeBallz Investigator
Investigator

It doesn't do anything either...no prompt to enter my security code, so I tried 12345 anyway, but it still won't work...

by EyeBallz Investigator
Investigator

Does anyone know why it won't let me reset it?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @EyeBallz

Thank you for coming to community 🙂

Please take a look at our How to unlock an EE pay as you go phone or device support article.

If the online form isn't working, then I do need you to please get in touch with the team over the phone to try and make progress.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You cannot use the online form for unlocking 2nd-hand phones.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.