by mark_antony
Explorer

New sim won’t work

Hello. I recently upgraded from a sim only plan to pay monthly and my partner moved from another network to EE under my account. Everything is fine with my sim but my partners is not working.

when I put the sim in her phone the EE and 4G symbol comes up and 4G works. The correct number of the sim is also displayed in contacts but IMessage says “waiting for activation” and displays an error when I turn it off and on. Also when we try to make a call it says “service temporarily unavailable” and we can not send or receive texts we can however receive calls but it comes up “unknown number” every time. Also when I try to add the sim number to my account it says “number not recognised”

I phoned EE customer support and they told me that the carphone warehouse had not set up the account properly, so I phoned carphone warehouse and they told me that the sim had an error activating and I had to go in store to sort it. I went in store and they sent a manual activation request and it said it can take up to 5 days to go through. It’s been 5 days and the sim is still not working.

My sim works fine in my partners phone and her sim still doesn’t work in mine, so it can’t be the phones. I don’t understand how the EE and 4G symbol is displayed and can receive calls if the sim is not activated. I sort of feel carphone warehouse don’t reall know what is wrong and I’ve been back and forth and passed around for nearly a month now. The first bill is due to be paid and we’re still no closer to fixing This.

Is there anyone here who has some idea of what is wrong and can point me in the right direction to sorting this out.

many thanks.

3 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: New sim won’t work

Hi @mark_antony and welcome to the community.

We will need to await the manual activation being received from carphone warehouse.

Have you spoken to customer services to see if we have received this?

Many thanks,

lee

by mark_antony
Explorer

I haven’t spoken to anyone yet. I was just told to wait up to 5 days by carphone warehouse and it’s been 6 days now so thought I would try here before phoning anyone.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mark_antony 

Here in the community, we do not have any account information, I would need you to give customer services a quick call to look into this.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.