Highlighted
by Annamccoy90
Explorer

New sim card isn't working

So a couple of days ago I lost my O2 phone. Thankfully my very kind cousin gave me her old EE LG k8 as well as an unused pay as you go sim which had came with the phone.

I've been waiting for just under 48 hours for the sim to activate but nothing has happened, I've turned the phone off twice to see if this would help but it hasn't. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Legend
Legend
Solution

Re: New sim card isn't working

Hi @Annamccoy90

How old is the PAYG SIM as it might be expired, or deactivated if not used for some time to make a chargeable call or text. 

If you just want a PAYG SIM with any number you can order one here , go into store or buy one from most supermarkets.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
3 REPLIES 3
by Legend
Legend
Solution

Hi @Annamccoy90

How old is the PAYG SIM as it might be expired, or deactivated if not used for some time to make a chargeable call or text. 

If you just want a PAYG SIM with any number you can order one here , go into store or buy one from most supermarkets.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Annamccoy90
Explorer

My cousin bought the phone in 2016. The sim I'm trying to used came with the phone.

I'll probably just go to the supermarket tomorrow and try again.

Thanks. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That PAYG SIM is now dead They are deactivated after 9 months of non-use. Just buy a new 1 in a supermarket.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions